The recent movie "The Bucket List" with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman got me to pondering my own bucket list...things to do and places to see before I kick the bucket (in my case I have already decided my bucket will be a homemade ice cream maker).
I created such a list years ago when I was going through some career/life coaching. I still have it somewhere...and it is pretty lengthy. I won't bore you with all of them, but I wanted to share a few....
- I want to dance at all my kid's weddings should God have that in their future, and know that they are with the one God created just for them
- I want to see my kids and grandkids become fully devoted followers of Christ
- I want to go to Alaska and fish in nameless rivers for trout and salmon with friends
- I want to go on safari in Kenya
- I want to hunt ducks in Arkansas in flooded timber
- I want to take a 10 point buck with a bow
Will my life be incomplete if I don't check all these off? No, its more like sitting around and dreaming about what to do with your lottery winnings, if you get them.
Will my life be complete if I do get them? No...they are dreams. My life is complete when I rest in Christ...and trade my dreams for his.
But it's fun to dream...
Oh, and home made ice cream is fun too...here is the after shot...but get your own bucket to kick...:-)
Tight (belt) Lines....