With Thanks

[caption id="attachment_1251" align="aligncenter" width="2560"] Sunrise over Yellowstone Lake[/caption]

I awoke long before the alarm, irritated that I am unable to sleep in.  It was not always so, but whether influenced by age or practice I rise before the sun. The coffee pot and a snoozing Labrador are my only companions at this hour.

The neighborhood and our house is quiet. How I used to covet the rare quiet times when my children and step-children were still living at home! Now that season of life has passed and quiet is easier to find. One of the bittersweet truths of parenting that the emptying of the nest seems never to come fast enough, until it does. Then those days of clutter, chaos, exhilaration and exhaustion seem but a blip in time..."this too shall pass". Be careful what you wish for.

Now we covet the chaos. Visiting with our kids and grandkids is the highlight of any day, and more so during the holidays.

So I pause and pray to give thanks for a seemingly unending list of blessings, including this quiet hour of reflection. I offer a prayer for you as well, whether present life circumstances are difficult or pleasant, that you too will find a quiet moment to recall your blessings this day.

1 Thessalonians 5:18  ... give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Comments

Popular Posts